Skip to main content

I feel a spiral coming on......

Today I woke up to the start of an unexpected sneaky hate spiral; there are many reasons why it could have started!  I didn’t get enough sleep, I woke up with a sore back, recently someone unintentionally hurt my feelings and what was said is weighing on me, or really any other minor (or seemingly not so minor) irritants could be the cause.


See that is the thing about sneaky hate spirals…they don’t need a lot to get them going and hardly need steam to ramp up.  I realized I was in a nearly full blown spiral when I saw myself in the window on the way to work and that nasty voice in my head said…”see that’s why you don’t have a partner” and “you look hideous, how can you be seen in public”.  I haven’t heard her voice in a while so it didn’t make me feel so hot!  So I did what any self-respecting spiraller would do…I ate chocolate for breakfast which only made me feel worse about myself.

Why am I telling you all about my bad attitude and behaviour?
BECAUSE!!
Being accountable to others makes you stronger!   I share with you to continue to gain insight into to me!   I could have let the spiral suck me down further, but I won’t let it!  Half the battle is recognizing that the spiral is starting and jumping off before I get all Ragey….


To be honest, I think I am getting a bit annoyed and exhausted with online dating LOL – I was talking about it with a friend last night and I realized you really have to put in a ton of effort for minimum reward.   But then again it could just be me feeling all butt hurt and ragey?   I think said friend was a bit shocked (as are most people which actually really pisses me off….but I digress) when I said how many messages I get every day.   I would say matches/ messages/ emails/ chat requests – I am looking at 5 to 15 per day; some days on the low end and some days much higher.  But out of those messages how many are actually serious prospects?  Not that many to be honest.   Either they are looking for super casual or hookups or I am not interested in them.  

So you spend this effort weeding out the definite no’s…then you expend this energy getting to know people only to find out that they lied in their profiles and really they just want casual.   Which, is totally fine, but come on be honest; it’s not that hard people.  It’s like showing up to a date and realizing that they pics you saw online are at least 10 years old (or being the only one who shows up LOL)

So after having a conversation about what I want out of life/dating, I think my friend may have been surprised to hear me say that I am happy alone, but that I would rather have someone walk alongside me.   I do casual well and I think it surprised them that I do in fact love LOVE.   I like affection, I enjoy intimacy, I like being a partner, first kisses, infatuation etc.   I wonder how that fits into this new style of dating….or does it even at all?   I guess I will just continue to stumble along blindly enjoying life and see what happens J

I admitted a scary truth yesterday.   I am not near as cool/collected/blasé or whatever you want to call it – as I appear on the outside.   I think I am just really good at reading people and quickly erecting walls or saying the things I think will make others feel comfortable if it’s required in that situation.   

It is not that I want to lie to people, I just don't think I need to share my hurt feelings with some people if it’s not going to make a difference to the reality of the situation other than to make that person feel bad.  Why spread the misery unnecessarily?  Is that being disingenuine?  Or compassionate? Who knows?

So what is next?



Tonight I will join my coworkers in some music bingo and beers.  

I will do my best to get a good sleep tonight (it would help if I stopped taking my vitamins before bed I think!) and maybe do some stretching as well.   

I will remember to be kind to my body, I was very sick…it took me a long time to get to this place and I will not be able to change it over night as much as I wish I could! I have lost almost 24 pounds and a dress size and a half since the beginning of the year.   I didn't even start actively working out 3 to 4 times per until February 1st and i have missed 3 full weeks due to a chest infection and crazy work schedule....so really I am kicking ass without doing much other than being more conscious about what i put in my mouth and how much i am moving.

I suppose I could work on getting a tougher skin as well, but you know what?   I think part of my charm is my open vulnerability, that I live out loud with my heart on my sleeve and that I jump in with both feet most days.  I think open, honest, vulnerable Tara is pretty awesome.

I will love out loud and messy and silly and stupid and…

I will repeat my Mantra:

I am good enough,

I am smart enough

and doggone it my ass looks amazing in these jeans!



Have a fantastic day…and thanks for letting me work it out here!

T


Ps….if you don’t know the sneaky hate spiral – check it out here http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/05/sneaky-hate-spiral.html 

Allie sees into your soul so be careful! – I also highly recommend the God of Cake.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w