Skip to main content

17 Million Dollars Last year.....

That's how much money Canadians lost due to romance scams!

Astounding isn't it!

Hello my lovelies,

Spring is finally upon us and it seems (this week at least) that it is trying to jump headlong into summer!   I hear the rains are a’comin mid next week so maybe we won’t get stuck with water restrictions and dead grass everywhere for another few weeks

Things are pretty quiet on the dating front as the Foreman and I have been spending a lot of time together.  It’s hard to balance the casual nature of it with the feelings that come when you spend a lot of time with someone awesome! 


Since I wrote last, I had spoken with Mr. Adams, Mr. Poly, and a handful of others but not had any other dates.  

Dutch keeps messaging me but I have taken to just ignoring him now.   I also told Rico that I am not interested in seeing him again.   I wasn’t feeling it and when I told him I was seeing someone and wanted to see where that went he immediately asked if we could just Bang one time….so….


Wait….can it be….did she get boring already?????????????


 Dig way back and think about Mr. Seattle….do you remember him?

He told me telling me Good Morning isn’t just good morning it means I was the last and first thing he thought about.   Sent me sweet messages throughout the day…almost seemed to good to be true?


 It started innocently enough we talked about the mundane of life and our families and friends.   His dad had passed away not that long ago and he was actually leaving town in a few weeks to deal with the estate and court.   His father had been a big shot or something on a rail line in Malaysia.   He would be gone two weeks but he really wanted to come up and see me when he got home.

They day came for him to go and he sent me a message before he left and another when he hit the ground.   He touched base with me throughout the day, telling me how awesome it was there.    We frequently missed each other because of the time difference but he texted every day regardless.   He was pretty stressed about court and one day he sends me a picture of a bank letter outlining they account and that it is now in his name.

I thought it was kind of weird but I just assumed he was really happy it had finally been dealt with and hadn’t thought about the fact he just sent me some pretty personal info including his address.   2 days later he sent me a screen shot of the final court ruling as well and the letter saying he just needed to pay the court fees and then it would be done.



HOLY F^%&$.....

OMG…..

He is going to ask me for money!   

I did some quick research and It appears that the name and job do belong to someone in Seattle but they are older.   The address belongs to two women….I mean it could be he is legit right??  Maybe he won’t ask for money right?

Here…I will let you read it yourself

     


He was not pleased because I told him I asked my mom and dad to help me (I didn't LOL)

   

I have to say…I want to believe in people so I tested him and asked him to send me a selfie….I have after all only seen 4 pictures of him.   I mean I watch catfish I know this is an issue!


      
      

 So there you go dear readers….I was a target for a romance scam….someone update my crap stats page LOL.

I feel really bad for the women and men who get sucked in by things like this.   I mean don’t get me wrong I felt that dissonance and that desire for this not to be a scam.   He was such a nice guy.    Those exist still right?
Sigh….

It’s that fine line between erecting the wall and being vulnerable. 
  I often wonder how many times it will take before my faith in humanity is totally shattered?

 
I think sometimes people think I am too trusting and too understanding but you know…I am not sure I want a life lived the opposite way.  

I hope you have a fantastic day, it is beautiful out here on the west coast and I hope you get a chance to enjoy the sun this weekend!

T



Comments

Unknown said…
Which sister were you going to hit up for 1500$ again????!

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w