Skip to main content

West Memphis Three Walk FREE!!!!!

As many of my long time blog readers will know and anyone who has been unfortunate enough to ask, I am very passionate about the West Memphis Three Case.   For those of you how don't know, these three young boys were convicted of murdering three 8 year old boys in Arkansas.   The main piece of evidence was a confession taken from a young boy unrepresented after 12 hours of interrogation in which he supplied information that was not even close to what happened.   There is a gap in the taping and after that you hear Jessie being lead through the testimony and police correcting him until they get the "right" info.

I learned about this case in an intro to policing class when we talked about false confessions (or maybe it was criminal law I forget) but I was so intrigued by the facts presented in class I had to go and read more.   I spent HOURS and HOURS over many days pouring over the public records and reading the "evidence" against the boys.   I was shocked and dismayed that such a horrible thing could be done and that these three boys could be convicted because they wore black clothing and listened to "satanic" music.   I read every book I could find and watched both HBO Documentaries.

Over the last ten years, I have attended fundraisers, purchased items online to donate and tried to educate as many people as I could about this case.   I have prayed for justice and was elated when new DNA evidence exonerated the three and actually pointed towards one of the young boys step fathers and his alibi!  I could only imagine how long each day felt for Jason, Jessie and Damien as they could see the light getting bigger at the end of the tunnel, but were stuck in a system that would have to look back on itself and admit its own flaws to do the right thing.   A new judge was appointed (THANK GOD!!!) and the wheels were starting to move.

Just a few weeks ago I received and invitation to be at the evidentiary hearing to show support in Arkansas in December.   I knew I would not be able to go but I was praying and hoping that it would go well.   This is what the fundraising and prayers had been working up too!    

I have been at camp (blog to come about that later!) and this morning i saw the amazing news....while I was away they had called for a quick meeting and the men were offered an "Alford" plea, basically a no-contest plea where you do not admit guilt and can maintain your innocence but it is marked down as a guilty plea.   This was an all or nothing deal and from watching the press conferences I can see that it was a very very very difficult decision to make.   At the end of the plea each man declared his innocence and for the first time in 17 years they left the courthouse as free men.  Finally after all these years....

THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE 
ARE FREE!!!!!!!!

There is still a long road ahead, as these men who have been locked up for more than half of their lives try to find their place and figure out who they are.   These men also want to see the true killer (or killers) brought to justice and their names truly cleared.    If you want to learn more about this case please visit www.wm3.org and read up on the case.   If your as enthusiastic as I was the evidentiary archives are there as well.

Thanks, 

T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

2 week - Post Hysterectomy Surgery Update and day 300

Hey Y'all! A lot has happened in the last two weeks and so I thought I would stop by and update everyone.  As many of you know I was diagnosed a few years ago with Stage 4 Endometriosis and in the last year or so the complications have gotten worse.   I really had to sit in my feelings for a bit but after talking with my family and some close friends I made the decision to request a total hysterectomy.  Not surprisingly, I had to fight a bit, even though it is my body! I appreciate that the medical system and specifically women's health wants to work tirelessly to protect my fertility but the reality is that this opportunity was blown many years before when they refused to acknowledge the issue when I was a teen and young adult.  Trying to preserve this when I am in my late 40's is laughable.  Trying to preserve this after lost pregnancies and lost marriages....please just let me enjoy my life on my terms now!    Anywhooo..... While I was getting ready for my trip to DC and