Skip to main content

My First BZZ Review - Danone Danactive Strawberry

So apparently for the BZZ Agents, I review the product elsewhere and then let them know!

So here goes, I am reviewing the Danone Danactive probiotic drink in Strawberry.   I was a little nervous when I was chosen for this campaign as I have a bit of a texture thing and am not a huge fan of creamy drinks at all.

A few days ago, i received my voucher for a free 8 pack of Danone Danactive and I headed out to the store to pick up my free case.   The packaging is nice and bright and sunny and caught my eye in the cooler.   I went to Pricesmart and I only had the choice of strawberry, however there are other flavours in other size packages.

I was very reluctant as I opened up my tiny little bottle, but I pulled back the tin topper and gave the top a lick! YUM, the strawberry flavour and smell was quite pleasant.  I popped back the rest of the drink in three easy swallows.   The small size makes it perfect if you are feeling wierd about drinking your yogurt instead of eating it.

The taste was not too sweet and was not sour at all.   It was just a yummy creamy strawberry taste that did not have a lasting aftertaste in my mouth.  It was smooth and I found that the strawberry flavour was a genuine taste and not like a fake strawberry extract flavour.

My one and only criticism of this product is that it is not a substantial source of anything but the probiotic. 0% of your daily intake of the major viatmins and calcium and the same for fibre.  For those on Weight Watchers, this product will cost you 2 points in the morning!   By adding 3 grams of fibre they could have dropped that down to 1 point and who can't use more fibre in there diet!  Diabetics should note that there are 14 grams of carbs!

so what about the pro-biotic,  I asked my doctor about this as I am currently on antibiotics and he highly recommended using a pro-biotic drink or capsule while taking antibiotics.  He also suggested that if you were experience bathroom discomfort while pregnant that taking the pro-biotic would be a good natural way to help turn it around.

So lets sum it up:

Taste - very pleasant, no aftertaste, no chemical diet/extract taste

Texture - smooth and velvetty

Value - Not bad $6.00 for a week plus 1 day supply, Probiotic pills are around 30 dollars a month so the drink is less expensive

WW Points - 2 points

Stars - I would give this a 4 out of 5 stars, losing one for its low nutritional value.

Would I buy it again?? - YES I WOULD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w