Skip to main content

Good News!!!!

As many of you know, I have been watching the news, praying for and supporting the West Memphis Three for many years. I think I first heard about their case in my first year of criminology back at Douglas College when we were learning about coereced confessions.

I digress....today a bit of good news!

The state's highest court has scheduled oral arguments in Damien Echols' appeal for Sept. 30, 2010.

This comes a day after Gov. Mike Beebe appointed special justice Jeff Priebe to consider the appeal of the Damien Echols, who along with Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, were convicted of killing three boys in 1993 in West Memphis.

According to legal papers the Arkansas Supreme Court will consider, DNA testing and other powerful forensic evidence - combined with compelling evidence that the original jury foreman engaged in blatant misconduct that contributed to the jury's decision, proves that Echols was wrongfully convicted of murder.

National legal organizations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and the Center on Wrongful Convictions at Northwestern University School of Law, have filed amicus briefs with the court. The University of Arkansas Law Review recently published a journal article asking the Supreme Court to overturn the convictions of Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley.

Lorri Davis, founder of Arkansas Take Action, said,"Damien Echols is innocent, as are Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley. We are pleased that court has set a date for oral arguments and we trust that the justices of the highest court in Arkansas will thoroughly review the new evidence and innocence claims of Damien Echols. We are hopeful that they will overturn his conviction and free an innocent man."

Yay!!!

I have spent many hours pouring over the evidence etc that is public record and reading the various papers etc put out by experts and novices alike, and it still astounds me to this day that three people can be convicted without a single piece of evidence and despite evidence that doesn't match any of the accused!!

I won't preach, but it you want to know about it, I will gladly tell you all about the case!

I do invite you to read for yourself and join me in praying for the new Judge to hear the evidence and to rule based on that and not follow in Judge Burnettes footsteps and not overturn the convictions just to keep face.

Thanks

Tara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w