Skip to main content

Olympics 2010

I have to say at first i was excited...but not EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about the olympics!

I have been working on the team doing the opening and closing and no dont ask me what I am doing I will just tell you "I was making sandwiches!!!'

Tonight we had a big rehersal and we invited people we love to come see it! It was amazing as usual! Tonight I got to stand in as a flag bearer for one of the countries and I have to say I was super nervous and really really excited! Walking around that stage was one of the coolest things I have done so far and only ramped up my excitement!

Does Vanoc leave the best legacy, was the money spent the best way it could be??? You know what I dont know! But what I do know is that I have more respect for people like Covenant House who worked with Vanoc and got their slice of the pie and got 34 new beds for homeless youth than those who stand at the skytrain and yell at the "corporate sell outs" who volunteer their time for the olympics!

Its coming and you can't stop it...why not get excited and join the rest of the world in the celebration. Lets celebrate that for a few weeks every couple of years the world stops and rejoices together for a short period of time!

I was super disappointed tonight to hear of people posting photos of the opening rehersal! You konw what that means right. It means good people who take their cell phones to the rehersal so they dont take the bus home alone at night without a phone will have their phones confiscated at the next time they try to go through a security gate.

Thanks for ruining for the rest of us you ass!!

Thousands of people have been working hard to keep this an awesome and wonderful secret from the rest of the world for months and months! You were invited by someone who has been keeping the secret because we thought you would be excited and we could trust you!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 1/2 days to go people!!! enjoy the games and try and do something fun! Watch the ceremonies on tv if you dont have tickets, it will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris and I are also going to check out a medal ceremony with Paul Brandt and Our Lady Peace!!! SWEET!!!!

Can't wait to see the torch in my neighborhood on the 11th. Get in the spirit Vancouver, its here whether you like it or not!

T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

WOAH NELLY.......

WTF (thats a freak...not the other one...im trying not to swear!!) This month...this summer...this year is flying by! Im not sure how to slow it down! I thought i should do a little update and let me adoring fans (all three of you) know how things are going this month. I started school this month again, that was a big step for me and i am madly in love with my professor....no no not like that!!!! he is doing exactly what i want to do when i "grow up" and i am so fascinated by everything he has to say. I think i am going to really like this course (I am taking Adolescent Development FYI). Brownies starts up on Sept 23rd, but i have been busily attending meetings, training, putting together posters, planning unit meetings and trying to get my calendar straight. I even went to Area camp at the end of august for a few days. I will definetly be staying the whole week next year. I had a riot and it really got me pumped up for brownies. I am the new liason for the chu...