So i have been lax in writing about all this but I have had an amazing summer of Advanced Movie Screenings!
It all started when Mom and I went to see The Heat -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404463/ at the End of June.
- This movie was hilarious! completely UN-PC but seriously funny. I heard a rumour that they may make a part 2 and I will be lining up to see it. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are a hilarious match up and do a great job in this buddy cop movie. Move over boys - these two are coming for you!
Chris and I went to see Red 2 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821694/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- I personally liked the first movie better, but this one was great as well. The actors and script stayed true to the characters that had been developed in the first movie and sent them on a new adventure. I love Helen Mirren and her car chase - shoot em up scene was epic! However, having watched the trailers you saw most of the good parts.
Mom and I went to see The Way Way Back - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727388/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- I am madly in love with this movie and can't say enough amazing things about it! Its from the same guys who did Juno and Little Miss Sunshine, so you knew it was going to be crazy indie awesome and it totally was. Steve Carell plays a total jerk and is so convincing, I am not sure I can ever see him as Michael Scott again! The main character Duncan is played by Liam James who I have never seen before but who was incredibly brilliant and captured an awkward 14 year old boy right down to the way he walked and held his hands. Sam Rockwell was so incredibly sweet in this movie that I am super in love with him now! This is a great movie about one summer in this young boys life and I highly recommend you take the time to watch it! I thought I was the only person on the planet the called that part of the car the Way Way Back....but apparently I was wrong!
Lets see....what came next? I think that would be Denise and I going to In a world - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294677/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- written, directed and starred in by the super talented Lake Bell, this movie is a total indie hipster flick about a girl trying to break into the all male world of voice overs. The quick wit and fast pace of this movie kept us laughing and loving all the characters in their own flawed way! This was awkward and weird and funny and I think it may have been almost as good as The Way Way Back.
A week ago I took Mom, Dad and Chris to the advanced screening of Jobs - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357129/?ref_=sr_1
- If you like Biopics then you might like this one, personally I thought it was a waste of my hour and a half! The only thing I saw that I did not know about Steve Jobs was he was a gigantic asshole with a capital A! It could be because the theater was a million degree's but I couldn't wait for this movie to end. That being said I was a bit miffed when it did. It sort of just ends....it doesn't bring it back around to where you were at the beginning of the movie or even to the end of his life...its starts to head that way and then just ends. If you are a true apple geek you may love this movie...I did not!
Next one up is tomorrow - I just won passes to Getaway with Ethan Hawke - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2167202/?ref_=sr_1
I will let you know what I think!
Let me know if you have seen these movies and what you thought!