Skip to main content

Permanent or Removable.....that is the question!

So, I have had a few days to reflect on this being 39 thing, and I think I am pretty excited! I am about to enter a totally new phase of my life and this is scary and crazy and wonderful.

I think it is apropos that my last year of my 30’s will be met with much great fanfare and celebration all year long. It is after all the 10th anniversary of the Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir and as such we have some AMAZING concerts and events happening this year!

I have decided that this year will be much like the one that ushered in my 30’s with lots of self reflection, being kind to myself and treating myself they way I should be treated! Thankfully this time I will be doing it with someone I love very deeply by my side!

One of the things I have been thinking about it the desire to let go but not forget the lessons I have learned! Life has not always been kind to me; I have had some pretty shitty stuff happen in my life so far. Please don’t take this as any form of Woe is me…just a fact. Life has also been pretty incredible so don’t think I haven’t seen all the amazing!

I want to take a moment however to recognize the strength, courage, tenacity, patience and fight it has taken for me to overcome some pretty significant obstacles. I am not sure I would have these qualities in my life if it were not for those situations and for that I celebrate each and every one of those dark moments.

I am made up of the moments that have preceded this one and for that I never want to forget the road I have wandered and the lessons that I have learned along the way. I have been thinking about how to honour this and have decided that I will treat myself.

The hard choice for me now is how? I love the idea of the string around the finger to remind you not to forget.

 I am weighing the options and have come down to buying myself a ring or getting a tattoo. I love this ring:




But then I love the idea of making it permanent! Here are a few ideas….I love the one on the wrist but would do it either on my pointer or thumb.





What do you think??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

Silence Invisible Woman......

TRIGGER WARNING - Surgery and Period Talk I am really struggling with what to write here today so this post may be a little raw and less fun as some of my others LOL   If you don't want to hear about girls health issues, now is the time to leave! I had an experience that really mad me sad and then totally pissed me off!    Have you ever felt invisible? Have you ever met someone who is REALLY REALLY nice and doesn’t want you to worry so they blow a little smoke up your ass and on a good day you believe it and on a less good day you ignore it and let it annoy you a little and then there are days when like it REALLY PISSES YOU OFF….and you just want to scream FUCK YOU….Hear me don’t just listen to me! I don’t want to hear positivity and Pollyanna just because you don’t want to say the negative stuff or because you don’t want me to worry.   Tell me the truth and if you have some words of wisdom, support or positivity that can help,...