Skip to main content

WW Canada - What I Eat in a Day

Hello lovelies,

I thought I would share what it looks like to do a day on Weight Watchers. If you don't know, WW (as it's known now), is a points-based system. Each person is given a balance of daily points to plan their meals and starts with a balance of weekly points that can grow with activity or go down if you need additional points to get through your day.

I have 33 daily points and 28 weekly points, I would say about half the time I stay within my daily points, late night snacking or less than stellar choices are something I am working on.    I will say that my points are pretty high as I still have a lot to lose.  Your point allocation is based on your sex, body composition, current weight, goal weight, and activity level.

There is a huge list of "zero point" foods which consist of non-starchy veg and fruit as well as some lean proteins like beans, chicken breasts, and eggs. the intention is to build your menu around these clean foods and use your points for healthy fats, starchy veg, and grains. The point value of a food is no longer based solely on calories and fat content.  Points are assigned based on an algorithm that looks at fat, protein, sugar, and carbs.  This also looks into healthy fats and saturated fats, sugar alcohols, and fiber.   After weighing all that it assigns a point value.    In the old program, you could eat a 100-calorie plate of veggies but you would also get the same points for 100 calories worth of marshmallow fluff or cookies....I know right?  so weird!

The amazing thing about WW is no food is off limits and we are constantly reminded that food has a nutritional value, not a moral one. There is no more talk about cheat days, bad foods and falling off the wagon....well at least not from coaches, the internet and Facebook groups can still be pretty toxic and full of misinformation.   If I want to eat cheesecake I can, I just need to look at what else I am eating and moving and how many points I have or want to use!

Anywhooooo.....I have gotten off track, what did I eat today?

BREAKFAST - a coffee and an egg sammie  
TOTAL POINTS - 8


2 pieces of light white bread, 2 organic eggs, 3 pieces of smoked back bacon, 1/8th a cup of shredded light cheese with some chili crisp to season it up. I just layered up all the ingredients and made this gorgeous and delicious sammie.  I wish I had some arugula or spinach but it was still great.

My coffee was a 10z with fat-free creamer and skinny Irish  cream syrup.

LUNCH - Summer Crisp with Yogurt Mousse
TOTAL POINTS - 9 points


I was craving something sweet and homey so I decided to make a little summer fruit crisp.   I layered frozen peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries and for the crisp, I used Better Oatmeal brand cinnamon roll oatmeal and a tablespoon of brown sugar by SWERVE mixed with light butter spray until moist (sorry).   While that was baking in the air fryer (370 for 10 mins ish) I whipped up some yogurt and a few tablespoons of non-fat cool whip.  I topped it with some freeze-dried summer fruits to be extra!

I had this with some sparkling water - I usually go through 2 or so 40oz bottles per day 

DINNER - Crab and Veggie Spaghettini 
TOTAL POINTS - 12 points


I have had this imitation crab in my fridge for a few days after watching a Niki Gets Fit video and seeing her and Adam's crab pasta.   It's obviously whitefish but that is a nice lean protein with good fats so low points!

I sauteed up some Manns Power Blend, carrots, onions, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes then threw in the crab while the spaghettini was cooking.   I added a few spritzes of olive oil and a lot of garlic and spices.   Once the pasta was cooked I tossed it in the Pesto and added a bit of grana padano.    I portioned out the pasta, making two extra servings for left overs, and then split the veggie/crab mixture over all four plates.

As you can see this is a very generous portion of pasta and will likely keep me full for quite some time.   I had this with more sparkling water.

SNACK - 1/3 portion of White Cheddar Veggie Puffs
TOTAL POINTS - 2 points


There are 97 puffs in a full portion which is almost a full bag of them, they are salty and delicious and melt in your mouth.  Such a good snack, what you see here is a bowl with 30 puffs in it.

TOTAL POINTS EATEN - 31

So that means I have 2 points left and I could also use more weeklies but I probably won't.  I could add another 30 puffs if I wanted or if I want to have another snack I could have a mango for zero points or a DeeBee's fruit juice freezie for 1 point.   I could also have a plate of veggies with my homemade greek yogurt tzatziki for 2 points.

If I wanted to dip into those weekly points I could also crack a bottle of the WW white wine and have a  6 oz glass for 3 points while I do some crafting.

All in all, I think it's a pretty decent day for being on a "diet" don't you think!  I love the flexibility that WW offers me to have a day where I can indulge in comfort foods but still be taking care of my body.   I can eat 6 times a day, or 2.....I do what works for me, my body and my life. 

Life happens, so each time I make a choice, I make the best choice I can make in the moment.   I no longer feel like I am not entitled to food because I am a person who has fat.   That is life changing!!   

WW has helped me look at my relationship with food and my body.   I am a beautiful work in progress and every day I learn to love myself exactly as I am that day.    While I have set a goal weight that I wish to work towards, my main focus is on feeling healthy both physically and mentally what ever that body looks like.   I still occasionally eat my feelings, but you know what?... I recognize that is what I am doing and I try to make a better choice when I can.  I don't beat myself up about it instead I recognize what I am going through and look at how I can fix that.   I have an addiction to food, and I have used it to distort my body so that people won't want it and so I can't be hurt again.   I have used it to comfort me, I have used it to punish myself and I have used it to do pretty much anything but just fuel me.  

I am starting to recognize where the gaps are....like driving home on a Monday night, I am usually starving, if I stop at the store to get a drink I WILL get something bad (read eat a whole bunch of sweets, and a bag of chips), even when I have said I won't.    So now I bring a yummy snack and put it in the car so that when I am on the way home, I can enjoy my snack and not feel like I need junk food!  This week I had chocolate-covered freeze-dried raspberries and WW Mac and Cheese potato sticks.

I have a long way to go, but I am getting there one step at a time!   I am super fortunate to be doing this with some of the most amazing friends (you know who you are!)  and I am lucky enough to have two awesome coaches at the Langley studio Wendy and Colleen!  

2023 is looking pretty good so far and I think I am too hehe. 
That's all for now, have a great rest of the week!



PS if you want to join me on my journey, click the link and we both get a reward!  













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w