Skip to main content

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....



Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...


 Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by Stasia Burrington...

I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.  

If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts:

https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html

and

https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html

I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining...

Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people....


for each of those hours I passed a clot the size of a crab apple or larger.....and no, I did not get any sleep even though I was eating drugs like skittles.

Dr. Lim was awesome and ordered an ultrasound and said lets see what happens next time....and the next time came and although I did not experience the shining I did bleed for 17 days straight.

So here I am gorging on lentils, steak, spinach and iron supplements trying to keep on my feet because I feel wrung out and waiting once again to see what an ultrasound will say.
If you have never had a pelvic ultrasound its a torture device set up for woman....the first time I had one I followed their directions and drank all the water they said and I ended up in excruciating pain (couldn't even sit down) only to be told to just go let a little out.   I talked to a nurse friend who said if you hydrate normally then an additional 500 to 750 ml's is probably fine and every time after that I have drank 500 ml (2 cups) the hour before and then sipped on water until my appointment.   I haven't had to let any out and they get beautiful images without the agony and tears!
Disclaimer: do not take this as medical advice and do what your doctor says please!
Okay where was I?  
Oh yeah ultrasound....So I gave her a lay of the land, as you may remember my parts are all twisted up and in a weird position, and off we went.   She got super silent during the transvaginal ultrasound so I knew something was up.    I got the call from my doctor a few days later setting up an appointment for today - so it couldn't have been that bad.

Today he told me that I have an unusual (but not cancerous unusual) thickening of the endometrium and another cyst on the left side.

OH YOU MEAN THE LEFT SIDE WHERE THEY DIDN"T GET ALL THE FREAKING CYST LAST TIME?????????????????????????


insert deep breathing here.......

So the thickening of the lining is called Endometrial Hyperplasia, while the cells don't look "off" as a white, overweight, menopause age (but not yet) woman whose family has a history of cancer, there is some concern.

Because we are not looking at hormone therapy we are left with:
  • waiting to see what happens or 
  • taking action if anything gets "concerning looking" or 
  • getting a hysterectomy.  
Because the thickened lining can cause heavy bleeding which is already lessening my current quality of life (and the cleanliness of my house) and Hyperplasia without atypia can eventually develop atypical cells, I am voting for an eviction....
WAIT.....I realized that last sentence may have sounded bad....my house is messy not because of the shining, LOL....its messy because I am too tired to do anything but work and sleep, so I am not cleaning!

Now that we have that settled....

Here we are - a mere 2 and a half almost 3 years later we are sitting in a position of likely having to go back for surgery and yank it all out like I wanted the first time.

Its incredibly frustrating to me that we would be here. I felt then like I wasn't being taken seriously and you can bet your ass that won't happen again!   I will keep you updated when I have some more news, oooh I should have asked the doctor what size the cyst was this time.

Okay I have to go have a nap, I am exhausted and have to go to rehearsal.






Comments

Cath said…
I find it so hard to believe you’re still suffering so badly!! That doctors are letting you suffer! All the disfunctioning plumbing should have been taken out long ago. (In my opinion).
Geezzz.. Hoping your wait isn’t a long one. ❤️
Andee said…
Ahhhh this is infuriating! I am sad and mad with you my friend. I am sending out so much love and hugs and I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. Thank you for sharing with the world so us girls can stick together and know we aren't alone in these struggles. Cant wait to see you this summer!!
Andrea said…
Much love Tara. Yes 'womens health'is deeply disappointing. Good doctors can be hard to find. I know I don't want to go to a gynecologist again.
Laurie Schamber said…
Go get hysterectomy girlfriend. Best thing I ever did as I had terrible bleeding and cramping!

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w