Skip to main content

REVIEW: Knix Period Underwear

Spoiler - I love them!!!!

Just a warning….this post is about periods and talks frankly about period-related information

 

so now is the time to leave if that makes you squeamish LOL.

As many of you know I have struggled greatly with my periods (FOREVER) but I have been pretty vocal about it for the last 5 or 6 years.   I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and underwent surgery which revealed significant stage 4 endometriosis (Frozen Pelvis).  The surgery was somewhat successful and if you want to read the gory details you can find them Here

It is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years and things went really well at first and now appear to be heading back in the other direction…..who knows, it will have to, unfortunately, get way worse before they will do anything about it.   This is stupid because I would just rather they took it all out and let me be.

Anywhoooo….let’s get down to why we are here….let me spill the tea since my body was spilling everywhere (hahah see what I did there???)

I hate pads…..like HATE them but I can’t get around it since I can be minding my own business having just put in a tampon 40 minutes ago when suddenly for no reason the floodgates will open. 

I am talking the shining level here folks, the elevator doors open, and bye-bye pad, bye-bye panties, bye-bye clean pants.   I mean I even had to have a chair replaced once….OMG so embarrassing!

This includes when I sleep gentlepeople…which means either I don’t sleep and wake up every hour stressing or I have to scrub down my mattress or sleep on a towel….or….or….or…..

It sucks!

I have read a ton about period panties and I wasn’t really sure, it’s a ton of money to spend on something that may not work and you need multiple pairs, and what about sleeping and….and….and

So in March I worked a ridiculous amount of overtime, paid off my bills, socked away some money and even spent some on me!   

I was talking with Tom’s daughter about periods and she was complaining about the sleeping thing as well and I said, what about I order you some special panties you can sleep in and we picked out a really cute pair of sleep shorts that are meant for periods. 

I was sitting there thinking why would I spend all that money on her but not on my own self?   So I did a bit of research and decided I would try the Knix Heavy Flow Period Kit ($139) which includes a pair of delightful sleep shorts and 4 pairs of boy shorts. 


I mean, go big or go home right, besides I didn’t want to be doing laundry every single day or multiple times a day.

The kits come in boy shorts, bikini, and high-rise and they come in sizes XS to XXXXL, and you can also purchase individual pairs of underwear.  They have kits for Teens and Adults - Light flow to Heavy and even a mixed flow package.   They have some designer kits that don’t include sleep shorts but have cute patterns, and even kits that include matching bras!

Folxs, they have shapewear, loungewear, activewear, braless lifting tanks, swimwear, maternity…I could go on and on! Actually, it’s a bit overwhelming so let's get down to it.

So what do I think:


Pro’s:

·       Super comfy stretchy fabric

·       Light and Airy feeling

·       Lots of options

·       Absorbs quickly

·       Odour protection

·       Barely feel like you are wearing anything

·       TOTALLY WORKS!

·       Bedtime shorts are a dream (I want more!), the pad is focused more on the back right where you need it.

·       Easy to take care of and dry quickly.


Con’s

·       If you got the FUPA, get the high-rise…. they fold down (but it’s not that annoying since the fabric is ultra-light)

·       They are expensive which means it can take a few months to get a good stock of them if you do not want to be doing laundry all the time.

·       If you do not have a washing machine in your home, you will have to spend time washing them in the sink if you only have a few pair.

I think its worth it, here is why:

      The kit that I purchased comes with two bags, one for the washing machine and one for your purse in case you are going out and want to take a spare with you.

The beginning and end days I did not need to wear anything with the panties, and all was good.  On the light days I washed the dream shorts in the sink and hung them in the bathroom and they were dry and ready to go for bed.  On heavy days, the panties were more for back up in case the tampon didn’t hold back the flood.

For my peeps with the extra juicy during ovulation or the dribble when you giggle…. these work great too! 


If you want to read more about how they work and what the layers are made up of you can check that out Here.

Ultimately, I can’t say enough good things about Knix period panties and I highly recommend them.   If you are trying to be eco-conscious, these and a diva cup would be a huge eco saving to the planet and to your wallet.     

I will let you know if I get brave enough to try the cup!

If you want to try out Knix Canada – consider using my link that way we both get a $15.00 credit on our order.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w