Skip to main content

PRODUCT REVIEW - The Sash Bag


I am sure you have seen the ads on Facebook and Instagram, I know I had seen enough of them before I took the plunge.
 Image result for Sash Bag

“Rule the World, Hands-Free” they say, it’s a cross body purse but better!  You see celebrities like Geena Davis, Alyssa Milano and even some of your favourite bachelorette’s are using it.  So what makes it different from the 600 other cross body bags you can find out there?   Well, let me tell you!

This bag lays completely flat against your body, wraps around your hip, and has strategically placed pockets to ensure that you can still carry all the important things!  The magic is that the center portion is empty so that it lays flat (slightly stiff when it first gets there but then the fabric/leather relaxes)

Here is a picture of Me in my sash bag




….and a much nicer picture of Jessica Hall in hers

 As you can see my bag is full and still laying almost completely flat against my body, and the adjustable strap allows it to sit comfortably for a skinny mini like her or a Big Beautiful Queen like myself!

Ah but Tara, I don’t believe you….I bet you don’t have a lot of stuff in there…..Oh yeah check this out….this is everything that was in my Sash in that picture and the pockets still weren’t full!

No joke....all of this was in there!
Let's take a walk around the bag, shall we?

There are these two side pockets that are on the inside seams -  they are RFID protected, have space for multiple cards, have a full middle chamber and two large side pockets.    These separate pockets allow me to keep track of what is in my purse instead of just chucking everything into the bottom of the purse and hoping for the best when you need to find something!
Now when you wear this, one pocket will be directly in front of you and one is behind you, I was really concerned about if I could be pickpocketed in a big crowd, but I have to tell you, the zipper pulls go right together and its almost impossible to tell them apart.

If you have the zipper in the bottom position with both pulls on top of each other; you can grab the bottom pull but you can not raise the top pull and unzip the bag.   To be safe though I carry my money etc in the front pocket and things like my lip gloss and keys in the back one!

On the outside or the inside depending on which way you wear the bag (wear it your own way...so the front facing outside for me) are these two open pockets….which are large enough to fit my Galaxy 9+ and my keys and in the other side my glasses and my sunglasses. 
 

If you want more security you can flip the bag around and put the open pockets on the inside and put the small zippered pockets on the outside, I however preferred the small zippered pocket on the inside and put things like my passport and important docs in the front pocket and in the back was my meds and girl stuff.
I have been wearing my Sash for 3 weeks now and wore it all over Las Vegas.  I can’t say enough great things about it.

Pros:
  • No more sore shoulder and back pain from lugging around a huge bag
  • Everything feels very secure
  • Hands free all the time
  • No hiking my bag up my shoulder 5 times a minute

Cons:
  •       I can’t put a beef curry in it (if you don’t know why this is funny, ask my sister)
  •          The zippered pockets are really small and I can’t get my whole hand in the mouth of the pocket
  •          This can be a bit of an expensive purse (depending on who you usually carry)

So what is the verdict?

I LOVE the sash bag and am totally considering buying one of the new extended sizes that will hold a bottle of water or an iPad in the expandable front pocket.   

IN the USA you can shop Sash here - https://www.thesashbag.com/collections/frontpage
In Canada you can shop Sash here - https://sashbag.ca/

 They come in leather, faux leather (which is vegan), fabric and even clear plastic!
  • You can get a fringe, partial fringe, studded, corset and double sided versions!
  • They have tons of colours, and you can even buy kid sized bags.
  • You can purchase 
    • the classic (like mine), 
    • the expandable which has a zipper down the side to open the front pocket wider, 
    • the Extra which has extra room on both sides of the purse for more stuff or 
    • the Extra squared, which unzips to a solid large square pocket to hold a book or ipad.

The website has videos on how to fill, store and clean your bag and you can even purchase on a payment plan!
If you want to receive 10% OFF your first SASH you can use my referral code here - https://prz.io/4ba4zxCP

I hope you enjoy your Sash as much as I do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w