Skip to main content

Film Review - Gone GIrl

This one is going to be short and sweet....its late and I am tired!   Tonight I went to see the advanced screening for Gone Girl - read more about it here


Have you read this book??  I really think that you should, the book was amazing and this was one of the best book adaptations I have seen in a long time!   If you don't want spoilers this is the time to turn and run....run right to the theater and see this!

This movie stars Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne, a man who has been accused of the murder of his missing wife.  Rosamund Pike plays Amy Dunne, the missing and assumed murdered wife.  Ben was the perfect casting for Nick, this ability to be lovable and a total smug dick at the same time!   Rosamund does a very convincing straight up psycho!  Really the casting in this movie was spot on, as far as I am concerned anyway!

I don't want to give away the twist on which the book and movie rely, but if you haven't read the book hold on to your seats and get ready for a ride!!

This movie clocks in at 149 minutes, but let me tell you, it goes by so fast you don't even realize it.   This movie had more than a few laugh out loud moments and I think Gillian Flynn did a fantastic job taking it from book to screenplay.   She made a few changes to the end of the movie from the book, but nothing that takes away from the story.

I totally would have paid to see this movie and been very happy!   Let me know what you think!

T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

Silence Invisible Woman......

TRIGGER WARNING - Surgery and Period Talk I am really struggling with what to write here today so this post may be a little raw and less fun as some of my others LOL   If you don't want to hear about girls health issues, now is the time to leave! I had an experience that really mad me sad and then totally pissed me off!    Have you ever felt invisible? Have you ever met someone who is REALLY REALLY nice and doesn’t want you to worry so they blow a little smoke up your ass and on a good day you believe it and on a less good day you ignore it and let it annoy you a little and then there are days when like it REALLY PISSES YOU OFF….and you just want to scream FUCK YOU….Hear me don’t just listen to me! I don’t want to hear positivity and Pollyanna just because you don’t want to say the negative stuff or because you don’t want me to worry.   Tell me the truth and if you have some words of wisdom, support or positivity that can help,...