Skip to main content

Review - Central City Brewing

This past Sunday my hubby wanted to take me out for brunch to celebrate hallmark day (valentines) and to celebrate that he finally has one day off on the weekend with me again!

We have been to Central City Brewing several times and after having breakfast I thought I just had to write and let you fine people know about this place!   They do not have a huge menu filled with a ton of options but they have a good selection of food that they do very very well!.  You can check out their menu here.

They produce their own beer under the Red Racer label and it is brewed and shipped out of this location in Central City, Surrey BC.  Many of their menu items have some kind of beer infused item, for example the breakfast meat is cured in beer and it is quite good!

Let me tell you about our brunch:

Chris had the Denver Omelette which came with two sausages, pan fries and toast.   The omelette was cooked perfectly and was fluffy and filled with ham and veggies.   The pan fries are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, the perfect pan fry in my opinion.   The sausages were quite good, but took me by surprise as the flavour was stronger than I usually expect from a breakfast sausage.   

I had the french toast and bacon and I was worried.   French toast is a tough one, it is either dry and hard or super wet and mushy in the middle.   This french toast uses french bread and was perfect!   Not too dry, not too wet and had a hint of vanilla and maybe cinnamon, possibly orange zest too.   SO GOOD!  They served it with warm REAL maple syrup on the side.  The one downside, is that I felt the bacon was under cooked, however I prefer my bacon crispy and I did not ask for it this way.   Chris ate it and said it was great.

We arrived at the restaurant just after it opened and we started the flow of patrons.  Always a good sign!   The restaurant was clean and the bathrooms are too!  The staff are very friendly and always knowledgeable about the food.

In the three times that we have been, I have never had to ask for a refill or felt neglected.   In fact the first time I went there, we had asked quite a number of questions and were taking pics of our food so the manager came over and talked to us about their vision, where the ingredients are sources from (all as local as possible) and made sure we enjoyed our meal!

One stand out dish is their Crispy Cheese sticks (see below)  - this is an Agassiz farmhouse stout aged cheddar, fried till crispy with a jalapeno blueberry compote!  I could eat these all day!  They come out hot and the cheese is stringy and tasty on its own, add the dip and its heavenly!

 I had their pulled pork sandwich was really good, and the slaw they served was a perfect compliment.   The pulled pork was not dripping with sauce but had a good amount of their stout bbq sauce mixed in!   They have recently changed their desserts but the maple bacon cheesecake, if it ever comes back you must must must eat!   I am looking forward to the next time we go and I am going to try the peanut butter pie!

Finally you can't talk about this restaurant without talking about the beer.   They have their standards on tap all the time and like all good micro brews they have a specialty beer.   When we went for dinner in the summer I had a raspberry lager and it was crisp and refreshing.   I can't say I would have wanted to drink 5 pints as it was slightly sweet but it was the perfect compliment to the pulled pork and coleslaw.

When we went for brunch Chris ordered the Manmosa, which was their white ale mixed with OJ and it was suprisingly good.  

I highly recommend you come on down and have dinner at the Central City Brew Pub in Surrey BC.  If you do, stop back and let me know what you think!

Tara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w