Skip to main content

Its a new year....but is anyone learning anything?

First off an update...Chris and I had a wonderful christmas season with the family even though it was crazy busy as usual.   For those of you who only read the blog and not facebook....In December I was diagnosed with Intercranial HyperTension (basicly my brain is swollen and causing pressure).  It was a hard month but  I am doing well on the medication despite the crappy side effects and my inability to remember to take medications on time!  I am currently following up with 3 doctors each month and going for routine labs to make sure I am still okay.  Needless to say I am totally sick of seeing the doctors LOL.    This apparently will continue for at least 6 months BLAH!

In an effort to get my brain and body healthy again I have decided to go back to what works for me!  Peer pressure LOL.   I have joined Weight Watchers again and got myself a work out buddy who can work out with me at lunch or after work!  

Chris and I are enjoying life and enjoying each other and were only a little bit put back by the news we would have to wait another 6 months to a year to try getting pregnant!   We are so excited to start our own little family and the delay is a bummer but I would much rather be healthy and have a healthy baby than anything else!

We are rejoicing in all our friends baby's (congrats to the newest addition!!!! can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!) and we get to babysit the nephews once a week!

So the rest of this blog....My heart is sore once again!

I don't understand how someone can repeat the same action over and over expecting different results each time?   I will not go into details at all, but I am heartsick that these people have chosen to go down this path once again without thinking of the consequences of their actions and the widespread ripples it will cause to others.

So what do you do?   Do you wipe your hands clean?   Do you stand by and watch the wreck happen?   Do you join in on the insanity and hope for a different result?   Do you stand by and let the pain you know will happen to innocent bystanders just happen???  I just don't know.   To be honest I don't think I am actually looking for an answer.

I have had some pretty rough things happen in my life, some beyond my control, some as the results of my own decisions and I turned out okay.    But I had a strong group of friends and family and a faith that helped carry me at points when I was unable to even move!   It took many years of therapy, self exploration, a ton of growing up and lots of painful self inquisition!  What happens to people who don't have that structure or ability to face themselves??   Are they buried?  Does someone come in and drag them out?  Does time heal all wounds?

I think this is part of why I am so interested in psychology; the human mind/body/spirit is the most amazing thing!  I desire to know why if three people experience the exact same thing, they all deal with it differently!  Is it nature or nuture?  Do people have the innate ability to deal with only certain things in certain ways?   Does the structure around them create those mechanisms?   Is it a combination of both?   Is it none of the above.

As you can see today I am feeling very philisophical!  I hope this situation all works out but I can't help but think I am standing at the sidelines of a very slow and painful crash that will cause some irreperable damaage to some very special people.

c'est la vie?  who knows....

Comments

Unknown said…
Join in on the insanity and hope for a different result. That's my vote.

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

Review - Usana Reset

Its been a while since i wrote here, but I thought this would be the best place to host my review. What is the Usana Reset?  according to their website: Reset is a 5 day Jumpstart that is a nutritionally balanced, low-calorie system to help you kick carbohydrate cravings and lose the first few pounds and find the motivation to keep working toward your total weigh-loss goal.   Reset helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. Reset is meant to be followed up by a 2 month program that tapers off of their food product and into a Low GI diet.    This review is specifically about the 5 day reset.  Here is how the week shapes up: You can buy the products online but they recommend you buy the actual reset package that includes a DVD and other extra's. I have a close contact who sells Usana and they just bought me the items I needed to complete the days. Lets take a look at the different things my w