Skip to main content

Its all over....

Wow...its hard to believe but its finally over. I have mixed emotions about that. On one hand I am very sad, I met the most amazing people and had a tremendous amount of fun. On the other hand I am dying to actually cook in my own kitchen, and I could really use some sleep. My house and my husband are both feeling pretty neglected!

I have a ton of memories from the 17 days of the olympics here in vancouver and here are a few of my faves: (sorry they probably mean more to me than to you, but its my blog :P)

  • watching my hard work come to fruition
  • watching the opening ceremonies while sitting with the spanish flag bearer
  • trying to outsmart the stage nazi's with Delaine and Kat (you know who I mean LOL)
  • "stalking" celebs at Vom 2
  • watching the performers and the show evolve practice after practice
  • being asked if I was a "take charge" kind of person (ie so your bossy huh?)
  • standing in line with chris and knowing we had no set plan for the day but FUN!
  • having a beer at Dix's with some new friends and some old ones too
  • the energy downtown
  • not being able to go 5 blocks in my smurf suit without being stopped for info and directions
  • watching the torch go by with my co-workers
  • getting into the "wrong" elevator and meeting nickelback
  • watching Maelle Ricker get her gold ceremony
  • seeing Paul Brandt live
  • getting chased off stage after taking pics on the podium
  • watching canada win Gold and hearing the cheering from outside the stadium
  • seeing 1200 teenagers spontaneously breaking into the national anthem
  • wrangling a moose with 6 of my favorite lumberjacks
  • Running in circles around BC place
  • not hitting a single spectator with my giant ball as I walked down the stairs
  • collecting pins and trading them too
  • talking to all the athletes
  • making new friends
  • hearing we ran out of beer on the second day
  • hearing the athletes ran out of condoms and needed more
  • getting to be a part of something so special
It was an amazing experience and I am proud of the whole thing! The Opening was beautiful and the closing was a good self deprecating fun fest.

We were the first country to hold an olympic ceremony indoors and we marked the first time that the energy consumption of the Olympic venues was tracked in real time and available to the public. Energy data was collected from the metering and building automation systems of nine of the Olympic venues and was displayed online through the Venue Energy Tracker project.

The torch travelled (in canada alone) approximately 45,000 kilometres (28,000 mi) over 106 days, making it the longest relay route within one country in Olympic history. The Olympic Torch was carried by approximately 12,000 Canadians and reached over 1,000 communities, it was taken by most any mode of transport you can think of including zamboni and dragon boat.

The Canadian Olympic Team closes out the third Olympic Games held in Canada with the most medals it has ever won – 27 – and a new all-time high of 14 gold medals, to lead all countries and break the all-time mark for any nation at a Winter Games.

For the first time in Games history, indigenous people were recognized as official Olympic partners, acknowledged as formal heads of state before a worldwide audience at the opening.

Were there things to criticize, absolutley, but all in all it was a great games and gave Canada some reasons to smile and I think for 17 short days it brought us all closer together as a country, a continent and a world.

I have taken the photos from Dotphoto down as I want to only showcase the good photo's. However I have made a few folders on picassa if you want to check out all the good bad and the ugly pictures that we took over the 17 days. I will let you know when I update the edits.

Here is the opening
The closing
The victory ceremony
and My pavilion day with Chris

Hope you enjoyed the games as much as I did.

Tara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

WOAH NELLY.......

WTF (thats a freak...not the other one...im trying not to swear!!) This month...this summer...this year is flying by! Im not sure how to slow it down! I thought i should do a little update and let me adoring fans (all three of you) know how things are going this month. I started school this month again, that was a big step for me and i am madly in love with my professor....no no not like that!!!! he is doing exactly what i want to do when i "grow up" and i am so fascinated by everything he has to say. I think i am going to really like this course (I am taking Adolescent Development FYI). Brownies starts up on Sept 23rd, but i have been busily attending meetings, training, putting together posters, planning unit meetings and trying to get my calendar straight. I even went to Area camp at the end of august for a few days. I will definetly be staying the whole week next year. I had a riot and it really got me pumped up for brownies. I am the new liason for the chu...