Skip to main content

Its all over....

Wow...its hard to believe but its finally over. I have mixed emotions about that. On one hand I am very sad, I met the most amazing people and had a tremendous amount of fun. On the other hand I am dying to actually cook in my own kitchen, and I could really use some sleep. My house and my husband are both feeling pretty neglected!

I have a ton of memories from the 17 days of the olympics here in vancouver and here are a few of my faves: (sorry they probably mean more to me than to you, but its my blog :P)

  • watching my hard work come to fruition
  • watching the opening ceremonies while sitting with the spanish flag bearer
  • trying to outsmart the stage nazi's with Delaine and Kat (you know who I mean LOL)
  • "stalking" celebs at Vom 2
  • watching the performers and the show evolve practice after practice
  • being asked if I was a "take charge" kind of person (ie so your bossy huh?)
  • standing in line with chris and knowing we had no set plan for the day but FUN!
  • having a beer at Dix's with some new friends and some old ones too
  • the energy downtown
  • not being able to go 5 blocks in my smurf suit without being stopped for info and directions
  • watching the torch go by with my co-workers
  • getting into the "wrong" elevator and meeting nickelback
  • watching Maelle Ricker get her gold ceremony
  • seeing Paul Brandt live
  • getting chased off stage after taking pics on the podium
  • watching canada win Gold and hearing the cheering from outside the stadium
  • seeing 1200 teenagers spontaneously breaking into the national anthem
  • wrangling a moose with 6 of my favorite lumberjacks
  • Running in circles around BC place
  • not hitting a single spectator with my giant ball as I walked down the stairs
  • collecting pins and trading them too
  • talking to all the athletes
  • making new friends
  • hearing we ran out of beer on the second day
  • hearing the athletes ran out of condoms and needed more
  • getting to be a part of something so special
It was an amazing experience and I am proud of the whole thing! The Opening was beautiful and the closing was a good self deprecating fun fest.

We were the first country to hold an olympic ceremony indoors and we marked the first time that the energy consumption of the Olympic venues was tracked in real time and available to the public. Energy data was collected from the metering and building automation systems of nine of the Olympic venues and was displayed online through the Venue Energy Tracker project.

The torch travelled (in canada alone) approximately 45,000 kilometres (28,000 mi) over 106 days, making it the longest relay route within one country in Olympic history. The Olympic Torch was carried by approximately 12,000 Canadians and reached over 1,000 communities, it was taken by most any mode of transport you can think of including zamboni and dragon boat.

The Canadian Olympic Team closes out the third Olympic Games held in Canada with the most medals it has ever won – 27 – and a new all-time high of 14 gold medals, to lead all countries and break the all-time mark for any nation at a Winter Games.

For the first time in Games history, indigenous people were recognized as official Olympic partners, acknowledged as formal heads of state before a worldwide audience at the opening.

Were there things to criticize, absolutley, but all in all it was a great games and gave Canada some reasons to smile and I think for 17 short days it brought us all closer together as a country, a continent and a world.

I have taken the photos from Dotphoto down as I want to only showcase the good photo's. However I have made a few folders on picassa if you want to check out all the good bad and the ugly pictures that we took over the 17 days. I will let you know when I update the edits.

Here is the opening
The closing
The victory ceremony
and My pavilion day with Chris

Hope you enjoyed the games as much as I did.

Tara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continued adventures in dating.....

Good Morning readers! All three of you! I know you are chomping at the bit to hear all about my wild and crazy adventures in babysitting uh online dating. Well for the most part it seems to be a wash out.   I will talk with some interesting guys and it seems good and then POOOOFF...they are gone.   I suspect its because i don't jump on the hey come F^&* me train fast enough?   Either that or my busy schedule doesn't work for them.   For the most part thought its just dudes looking for nookie! Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been bad, I have talked to some really nice guys but so far it hasn't turned in to much.   But let me tell you about one experience I had last night. I have seen this guys profile on a couple of different sites - he uses the same three lame pictures which were taken one right after the other and then describes how amazing he is in the context of the stuff he has and what he has accomplished.  He is kind of cute.. i guess...in a b

2017 Spring FabFitFun reveal.

So excited.....last night I got home from my date (more on that later) and there was a package waiting for me....I almost peed my pants.   That could have been from the coffee and large water I drank and then held for two hours and then rode the bus home and then walked to my house basically with my legs crossed....but maybe it was because there was a package.   We may never know.....I digress! I was only sort of certain what was in the box and was super excited to open the box and see.... FABFITFUN!!!!!!!!   what is FabFitFun you ask?   why let me tell you dear readers....it is a VIP lifestyle subscription box that comes out quarterly.   It features a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that help you feel good from the inside out!  The box always includes full size products and premium trial items.   Each box is worth a minimum of $100. You can order your FabFitFun box here and if you use my link we both get a deal   FabFitFun VIP Box

2 week - Post Hysterectomy Surgery Update and day 300

Hey Y'all! A lot has happened in the last two weeks and so I thought I would stop by and update everyone.  As many of you know I was diagnosed a few years ago with Stage 4 Endometriosis and in the last year or so the complications have gotten worse.   I really had to sit in my feelings for a bit but after talking with my family and some close friends I made the decision to request a total hysterectomy.  Not surprisingly, I had to fight a bit, even though it is my body! I appreciate that the medical system and specifically women's health wants to work tirelessly to protect my fertility but the reality is that this opportunity was blown many years before when they refused to acknowledge the issue when I was a teen and young adult.  Trying to preserve this when I am in my late 40's is laughable.  Trying to preserve this after lost pregnancies and lost marriages....please just let me enjoy my life on my terms now!    Anywhooo..... While I was getting ready for my trip to DC and