Skip to main content

Being Healthy - week 1 of the rest of my life.

So on the first day of the year as I was dealing with my first hang over in a LONG LONG time (I broke my own cardinal rule, no mixing types of alcohol), I was thinking about being healthy. I looked at myself and realized that Chris and I have been enjoying the good life, with good food and good wine etc etc! We have both packed on weight to already curvy frames and are feeling the "weight" of the issue.

I decided to go back to the weight watchers principle, its easy to follow, it makes sense and it works. Whats the first step, write down what your eating to see where you are at. I calculated out my daily points and set out to eat like i normally do and then write it all down to see if i am off base.

Well day one being hung over i was well under my limit LOL....day two not so successful, I didnt eat excessively just the normal puttering around the house weekend stuff, lots of nibbling! Turns out I ate all my daily points and all my weekly points and then a few more! HOLY CRAP!!!!

I got on the internet and immediately started looking for some yummy healthy alternatives and ways to make good lunches with out eating the same thing for 8 days in a row or eating SUPER sodium laden frozen meals every day. I remembered seeing the Ziploc Zip and Steam bags on the biggest loser and though I would check it out.

We went and picked up some of the large ziploc bags (7 for 4 and change at walmart) and even better the medium size glad bags (which are 387 for 10 at walmart or 187 for 10 at Superstore). I was concerned because the medium says its for 3 to 4 servings, but its perfect for personal full meals.

the first ones i made were Salmon and veggies, Chicken and potatoes and veggies, and steak fajitas. I took one of each to work with a few corn tortillas and 2 cups of already cooked brown rice. I also made a egg white omelet with ham, peppers, onions, cheese and salsa to cook in the micro (you can use the bag or you can use a small microwave safe container. For snacks i took apples, cucumbers, carrots, dry curd cheese, salad and low fat greek dressing.

The omelets are amazing and i split it between 2 corn tortillas for a 5 point breakfast!

The salmon was really good, when i added the rice cup it was a 7 point lunch!

The fajitas was an 8 point lunch with 2 corn tortillas and an amazing 3 point snack was Dry curd cottage cheese, with cut up cucumber and carrots, salt, pepper and 2 tbls of greek dressing!! IT WAS AWESOME...like a little low fat greek salad.

Even though the first day was rough, this first week has seen a 5.5 pound loss! yay us!

I have to say though i was very very discouraged by the article linked above(click on the title of my blog). I sat to eat my snack and was greeted by a vogue magazine with the title "When Size 4 Is Too Big: A Curvy Model's Struggle To Fit in". I nearly spit out my salad....if a size 4 is too big, I am in big trouble! I dont think i have been a size 4 since maybe grade school....who knows...i think in grade 8 i had a size 4 dress at the spring dance.

What does this tell our kids, even ourselves. I mean really, if I had not had a ton of counselling I think this article would have sent me straight for the cookies! What are we telling our young teens if a healthy size for a 5 foot 10 inch woman is a size four!!!

whatever, I am going to be healthy and love myself now...as I am losing....and when i meet my goal weight!

One of the ladies at work and I are going to go to the gym a couple of times a week at lunch and we are looking into starting a new TOPS chapter at our workplace. Its got a weigh in and classes and support just like weight watchers, but you dont have to do weight watchers! you can just be eating correctly and wanting to learn how to be healthy. Another bonus is its yearly fee is the price of 1 month at weight watchers!! Also to start a new chapter you only need 4 people. We needed 15 for weight watchers and we had to pay more than if we went to meetings outside our work!

anyway, i have been babbling on enough! thanks for reading to the end and if people want i can post the Ziploc Zip and Steam and Glad Simply Cooking that we find we like!

Thanks

Tara

Comments

Unknown said…
keep blogging
this cooment brought to you by the word "messifi"
no joke
Tara said…
you are very very wierd!

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

WOAH NELLY.......

WTF (thats a freak...not the other one...im trying not to swear!!) This month...this summer...this year is flying by! Im not sure how to slow it down! I thought i should do a little update and let me adoring fans (all three of you) know how things are going this month. I started school this month again, that was a big step for me and i am madly in love with my professor....no no not like that!!!! he is doing exactly what i want to do when i "grow up" and i am so fascinated by everything he has to say. I think i am going to really like this course (I am taking Adolescent Development FYI). Brownies starts up on Sept 23rd, but i have been busily attending meetings, training, putting together posters, planning unit meetings and trying to get my calendar straight. I even went to Area camp at the end of august for a few days. I will definetly be staying the whole week next year. I had a riot and it really got me pumped up for brownies. I am the new liason for the chu...