Skip to main content

as the year comes to a close...

I reflect back on what I have and what I have left behind.

The last few years have been one of enormous change, sadness, tears, laughter and intense happiness. It has been a long road and I think of the intertwining paths that have come across mine.

They say people are in your life for a reason, a season and a few trusted few stay for a lifetime. I have recently made some very close friends who I hope will stay for a lifetime, and I have also recently had to cut some people out of my life.

I remember being in high school and having well over a hundred phone numbers and addresses of friends and yet here as I creep closer to the middle of my life I can count quite quickly the number of people that I call a close friend.

It should seem then that I would be less happy, having lost friends. Does this mean I am not popular? On the other hand i think of the quality of the friends that I have now. I am in fact considerably more happy now than I was then.

There are lots of people on the periphery of my life that I think about now and then, and I miss them and the joy they brought into my life at one time. I send out a prayer for them and their families and hope that I was able to bring a small change into their lives as well.

Most of these people I think of happily and know that I was part of their reason and season. There are a few though that I think of with great sadness in my heart....people who are no longer really part of my life because of a severed connection with someone else. One of the hardest parts about getting a divorce for example was the feeling of loss at losing half my family. Or when my best friend got divorced and we no longer had the connection to her ex husbands family. Occasionally I will message someone who falls in this category to let them know I was thinking of them. More often I will send up that little prayer for them and their family.

Don't get me wrong, I am amazingly happy and completely blessed by all the wonderful people in my life. I guess today I was just struck by the passage of time and the way that life is constantly changing. It is a bitter sweet feeling.

Each person, experience and feeling a paving stone that is leading me through life. What a crooked, windy, bumpy road it has been.

Thank you to all the people who have come in and out of my life and helped lead me to the place I am today. Now for those of you who are still part of my life, thanks for making it so much fun to go down the road to tomorrow!

Just a few days until 2010 arrives. So many cool things coming up this next year! I hope that you all have had a great year and I pray that you and your family will be blessed with great joy and prosperity in this new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

WOAH NELLY.......

WTF (thats a freak...not the other one...im trying not to swear!!) This month...this summer...this year is flying by! Im not sure how to slow it down! I thought i should do a little update and let me adoring fans (all three of you) know how things are going this month. I started school this month again, that was a big step for me and i am madly in love with my professor....no no not like that!!!! he is doing exactly what i want to do when i "grow up" and i am so fascinated by everything he has to say. I think i am going to really like this course (I am taking Adolescent Development FYI). Brownies starts up on Sept 23rd, but i have been busily attending meetings, training, putting together posters, planning unit meetings and trying to get my calendar straight. I even went to Area camp at the end of august for a few days. I will definetly be staying the whole week next year. I had a riot and it really got me pumped up for brownies. I am the new liason for the chu...