Skip to main content

did you all see my sister the famous protestor?



Here she is at the H&M nurse in...she wanted to go check it out, didnt feel the need to force her child to feed like some...but wanted to see what was up and show her support for another friend who was told cover up on a westjet flight.

you can see her blog here at www.crackedhelmet.ca and read the story.

My fave part of the story (after tanya told me about all he mothers hamming it up for the cameras) was the baby who kept asking for a BA BA and the mother would say thats right hun Bad store...Bad store....and looking for the cameras. I dont know about you....but in my world...and most everyone i know BA BA means Bottle! Lets just be real about this ladies.

Tanya and i talked about this before she left, there was actually a woman in our cafeteria who was talking (loudly enough) about how she though breast feeding in public was obscene and these mothers should just cover up. Which i thought was pretty funny coming from a very large lady who wears very small clothes on a regular basis. She doesnt want to see the side of a boob but we are daily graced by the presence of her exposed skin?

I think that most mothers who are breastfeeding in public have the smarts to be modest enough about it. Are you going to catch the occasional glimpse of boob? yes you are. Are you going to see the occasional woman who pulls out her entire boob and slaps it on the table? yup you are....but i have to say i would rather catch an occasional glimpse of boob than a big fat, slobby, hairy, man boobed chest of a man walking around...and well all of these are legal so suck it up!

Do you like to eat your sandwich under a blanket in the middle of summer? NO??? what really? neither does my nephew! its hot...and stuffy....and really i dont want something covering my face while i eat. There was another woman in toronto who was scolded in a LeSenza store also and she said "you get to eat your big mac in the store and no one complains....well so does my son!" i thought that was pretty clever.

Well i am quite sure we are never all going to agree, but i for one will not be shunned to a back room, or try to make my child wait to feed. I will cover up as much as i can, however i will not suffucate my child under a blanket or push them to starvation just to please someone who has a stick up their butt. You have the legal right to be ignorant...and i have the legal right to feed my child! lets just agree to disagree and stay out of each others faces!

Comments

I really love this new topic of boob blogging. I am preparing myself for our first Sunday with Paige, by reading this stuff and envisioning myself, untucking Paige from her carseat, bringing her up to my chest, and plopping my boob into her suckling little mouth (Denise style ie no lifting of the shirt, a pulling down of the collar of the shirt). Over and over and over again I tell myself that church HAS to be a place to nurse without a mother's room, GOD INVENTED BOOBS AND MILK. Thank you Tara for blogging some more about this. I really ask for your prayers for me to be able not only to nurse exclusivly but also without shame.
Denise Nagy said…
Oh boy I love the way you worded this blog!!I agree with every single truth telling sentence...YOU ROCK! I have been told to cover up with evil glares but never by someone in a store, how embarassing!!I would definetly be upset about that...

Popular posts from this blog

I said yes.....

well hello.....excuse me if the spelling is bad, but im updating from my phone in the hotel! Today we slept in and went down for a lovely breakfast and then got ready to go and headed from our hotl down to the waterfront. we walked to the olympic park and then back up to the pier....then we stopped for a lovely peppermint twist mocha at starbucks! we continued on down the waterfront and decided to go to the aquarium.....we got a pic of nemo and dorie! then we went for a beer and grabbed a bus back to our hotel. We got ready for our dinner and got a cab to take us to Cafe Campagne. we had an amazing three course dinner with lovely wine pairings and a lovely chocolate Digestif. Chris wanted to go for another walk.....so we headed down to the park, once there he looked me ddep in the eyes and told me how much he loved me....then he dropped to one knee and produced the lovely mahogany ring box....he asked me if i would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. you know me....

The ongoing saga of the Not-So-Cuterus....

Its another girl blog....so if you don't want to hear about girl parts and stuff now is the time to leave...  Ugh.....after a series of terrible periods (try bleeding for 14 days), doctors visits and ultrasounds...I am back fighting it out with the Not-So-Cuterus....which after I saw this cartoon by  Stasia Burrington... I may just have to start calling her the Fuck-Uterus.   If you want to catch up on the saga of the not-so-cuterus, you can read these posts: https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-kind-to-yourself-tmi-warning.html and https://taradaisy.blogspot.com/2019/08/silence-invisible-woman.html I decided to call the doctor about 2 months ago after bleeding for 9 days, I had what I like to call the shining... Every hour I bled through a super plus tampon and  pair of heavy flow Knix underwear (that's 8 tampons worth folks) and a pair of pants for approximately 26 hours.   Here is where the TMI gets gross people.... for each of those hours I pa...

WOAH NELLY.......

WTF (thats a freak...not the other one...im trying not to swear!!) This month...this summer...this year is flying by! Im not sure how to slow it down! I thought i should do a little update and let me adoring fans (all three of you) know how things are going this month. I started school this month again, that was a big step for me and i am madly in love with my professor....no no not like that!!!! he is doing exactly what i want to do when i "grow up" and i am so fascinated by everything he has to say. I think i am going to really like this course (I am taking Adolescent Development FYI). Brownies starts up on Sept 23rd, but i have been busily attending meetings, training, putting together posters, planning unit meetings and trying to get my calendar straight. I even went to Area camp at the end of august for a few days. I will definetly be staying the whole week next year. I had a riot and it really got me pumped up for brownies. I am the new liason for the chu...